Measuring Internal Communication (North America)
Communication research and measurement are fundamental inputs and outputs to developing a communication strategy and delivering business results.
In this one-day course, learn how to use research to inform strategy and how to measure the impact of your work returning great ROI to your organisation.
What to expect:
- Benchmark your current state across internal and external communication
- Explore a variety of research methodologies and determine the effect your key messages have on stakeholder awareness, understanding and behaviour
- Analyse the information you gather and use it to inform your strategies
- Use insights to deliver measurable results and demonstrate the impact of your work
- Measure your effectiveness and create insight for the business including demonstrating ROI
- Everything you wanted to know about focus groups and writing questions
Who should attend:
Internal communication, strategic communication or corporate communication professionals, public relations, public affairs practitioners.
Career Level: Generalist/specialist, strategic advisor.
Research as input to strategic communication planning
- Explore best practices in research and measurement
- Explore methodologies, internal research, leading and lagging indicators
- Learn where to get the data and how to measure to create meaningful benchmarks
Build your measurement approach and plan
- Analyse the data against business and audience needs
- Explore qualitative, quantitative and observational measures
- Segment and analyse audiences
- Establish measurable outcome and output based objectives
Conduct an internal audit
- Conduct an internal communication audit
- Learn what to measure and how to measure it
Measure your effectiveness and create insight into the business
- Turn your measures into meaningful business results
- Demonstrate ROI
- Create a dashboard for your executive team
About the trainer
Adrian Cropley OAM, FRSA, IABC Fellow, SCMP
A certified strategic communication management professional and past global chair of the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC), Adrian Cropley is widely recognised as one of the world’s foremost experts in strategic communication. He is the founder of the Centre for Strategic Communication Excellence and CEO at Cropley Communication. With a career spanning over 30 years, Adrian has worked with clients all over the world on major change communication initiatives, internal communication reviews and strategies, professional development programs, and executive leadership and coaching. Adrian was awarded the medal to the Order of Australia in 2017 for his service to the community and the advancement of the communication profession in Australia and was named an IABC Fellow in 2019.