Strategic Communication Management 3: Business Leader (Brisbane)
Demonstrate your business acumen by ensuring your communication strategy delivers on the business strategy.
This one-day course is designed for communication professionals who currently occupy, or want to occupy senior leadership roles within organisations, and those who want to gain a better understanding of business strategy.
This course builds on senior communication knowledge and skills, providing additional development for change management, negotiation and influencing skills, advanced strategy planning, budgeting and financial management, and coaching skills.
What to expect:
- Explore business and communication strategy
- Measure your strategy and apply business acumen
- Get your stakeholders on board
- Put it all into practice by building your own strategy
Who should attend:
This course will be of interest to those with a number of years of experience in the communication profession who occupy senior roles.
Career level: Strategic Advisor, Business Leader
- Understanding business strategy and how communication strategy fits
- Navigating a strategic planning process
- Examples of good strategy
Measuring strategy and applying business acumen
- Research and analysis as part of the strategy process
- Applying the right measures to your strategy
- Budgeting and basic financial planning
- Demonstrating ROI
Getting your stakeholders onboard
- Explore change and stakeholder management, the lessons to learn
- Influencing and coaching through your strategy
- Implement, embed and monitor your strategy
Putting it all into practice
- Explore a case study and build a strategy
- Develop a rollout plan
About the trainer
Sia Papageorgiou FRSA, SCMP
Sia Papageorgiou is managing partner at the Centre for Strategic Communication Excellence. She’s a multi-award-winning communication leader on a mission to elevate the value and visibility of communication professionals and help them become trusted, strategic, and in-demand advisors. Sia is opinionated about what our profession can achieve and believes communication professionals have the best job in the world. She’s a certified strategic communication management professional, a Fellow of the Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce, and past president of the Victorian chapter of the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC). She’s also a past board director at IABC Asia-Pacific and is immediate past chair of the Global Communication Certification Council. In 2021, IABC Asia-Pacific named Sia Communicator of the Year and in 2022 she was awarded the prestigious IABC Rae Hamlin Award in recognition of her exemplary service in advocating the Global Standard of the Communication Profession and evangelising the power and possibility of communication.