Created by communication professionals for communication professionals.
The Career Evaluator™ is a free self-assessment that evaluates individual knowledge and experience against the Global Standard of the Profession, best practices and our Competency Model for Strategic Communication Management.
The career evaluator™ will help you to:
- Identify your strengths and gaps in each area of competence
- Highlight your priority professional development needs
- Hold informed discussions with your manager, mentor or coach
- Prepare your continuing professional development plan
- Plan your career path
Already completed the test?
Discuss your results with your manager, mentor or a trusted colleague. You may also find it helpful to ask your manager or colleagues to complete the assessment and rate you against some or all of the competencies. Coming together and comparing their ratings with your self-ratings can provide valuable insight into your level of competency.
Next, you may wish to develop a personal action plan to help you consolidate your development areas. An action plan template is available below.
Tips for your Personal Action Plan!
- Define your objectives in SMART terms (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Timely). This will help you reach your goals.
- Identify a journey map that outlines where you want to be with your skills and how you will achieve them.
- Identify individuals you want to talk with about your action plan and can help you make it happen.
- Assess potential obstacles and determine how you might be able to overcome these.
- Think about how you can use your strengths to help you reach your goals.
- Identify resources that are available to you or those that you will need to obtain in order to achieve your goal.
- Write action steps to help you reach your goal and assign a completion date to each one.
- Set a date to evaluate your progress towards your goal.
Review Your Previous Tests
We are currently bringing over results from before October 18, 2023. Thank you for your patience.